I just wanted to send out a quick post to let you know I linked up my Thanksgiving Table blog. It’s a contest for tablescapes at Centsationalgirl. Kate’s blog was the first one I ever read. I fell in love with everything about it. You can find her at www.centsationalgirl.com. Home Goods (best store ever) is giving away some gift cards. So cool to look at everyone’s ideas.
I am working on a bigger post for tomorrow with lots of pictures so I hope you come back for a visit then.
Yipee Kaylee is in Northern California until Sunday. My nest is full for a few days. I LOVE that feeling.
Well I wanted to share some pictures of what we have been working on most of the day…….. The Thanksgiving Table. I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I have putting together.
spray painted pumpkins in gold,silver and bronze.
acorn ornament from OSH I lurve them 4.99 for 8
Dollar Store frame spray painted Copper written and decorated by Kaylee
It has been so fun putting this together on a budget.
The tall gold candlestick is from Goodwill, Pumpkins were Halloween decor, table runner on sale at Hancocks. Some of the pedestals were made from candlesticks and plates from The Dollar Store and spray painted. My favorite is the beautiful cake stand (with the crystals hanging down) was a gift from my sweet friend Brandy.
I feel I have many blessing in life. I have always felt like a “cups half full” kinda gal. I have a great family, friends and clients. We own a house, the cutest dog in the whole wide world and many other material/non-material things that make our life full. But don’t get me wrong I also have “there will be days like this my mama said” days. I had one yesterday in fact. The trails of not working, missing all my clients and not physically being able to do things can really get me down but then throw in a really painful and hard session of physical therapy and it kinda put me over the edge. I felt like I was going backwards instead of forwards. So after resting a little I decided to lift my spirits I would start gathering props to take to my moms for the Thanksgiving Table. I am so excited to plan and decorate the table with my daughter this year. We have been going “Pintrest” crazy. If you don’t know what pintrest is you HAVE to check it out. you can pin up with me by following Amy Davis.
After lots of plotting and scheming we have come up with a theme of silver, bronze, gold and copper. You know me, I am a bling addict!
I also purchase small frames at the dollar Store in Vacaville, painted them copper and am going to use them as name tags either on the table or tied with a ribbon on the back of each chair.
I am heading off to my mom and dads again in the morning. My parents are picking up Kaylee at the airport at 9:00 so I will rush right there after PT so I can give her a great big hug and enjoy the rest of my family (aka blessings) for the Holiday. I will post pictures of the table when it’s all put together. I hope you are enjoying all of your “Blessings” this week!
This is my first post on my first blog.
Why start a blog…….
1. I love or should i say LURVE reading me lots and lots of blogs on everything from DIY, crafts, decorating, recipes, inspiration and coupon clipping.
2. Being loved and encouraged by my daughter (this is where the mama comes from in my name) to co-workers and friends who see all my DIY projects and encourage me to start a blog.
3. I have been off work unexpectedly from shoulder surgery that is taking a looooong time to heal and is keeping me away from all of my clients that I LOVE and miss. This can be my way of communicating with the outside world.
4. Here is where the selfish part comes, since I am a self-employed hairstylist I am not making any money while I am off work so I have been trying to be on a no spend diet. This is very hard for me but very necessary so I thought if I put it out there to anyone who reads this blog I will be more accountable or maybe help someone struggling too. I have had successes and falls this month trying this. I have learned a LOT about the coupon world. I can’t say I will be featured on the show “extreme couponers” anytime soon I have a few exciting and successful shopping trips.
5. I am sure as my blog grows there will be more reasons for starting this blog I will let you know as I stumble upon them.
A little about me if you don’t know me……. I am proud to be a mom to 3 amazing kids, 1 daughter and 2 sons. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 21 years. We live in the beautiful Napa Valley. My husband and I are very lucky to be raised here and to be able to raise our kids here. I LOVE my job as a hairstylist. I feel so blessed to have the clientele that I do, they are great and have been so supportive of me. My daughter is in her 2cd year of college in So Cal and I am so proud of her but miss her like crazy! My oldest son is a senior, he is a great artist and athlete. (I am not looking forward to him leaving in August for college) My youngest son, my baby just turned 13. He is a chip off of his fathers block. Well living in The Napa Valley can get very expensive especially with 3 kids so I am trying to learn ways to be thrifty, and still make my house and surroundings beautiful. I love to make craft projects and re-purposing furniture.