Studies have shown that the simple act of writing down goals greatly improves the odds of accomplishing them. So as I am writing my goals for 2012 and reflecting on 2011 I am thinking 2 things.
First, setting goals and creating a map for the New Year is great way to attain your goals. Number two is no matter how much you plan, life seems to throw you a few curve balls here and there.
Do you set goals for the New Year? If so do you keep them in your head, file them in a document or write them down on paper?
Well if I tried to keep them in my head I would forget them all by January 2cd. I love my computer and Ipad but there is something therapeutic about taking a pen and paper and methodically writing them out. They seem real, more attainable and definitely more concrete.
Well here are my goals for 2012:
- Do not spend money on anything that isn’t necessary or pre-budgeted for.
- Learn to say “NO” sometimes and realize it’s OK
- Be more compassionate and encourage my children to be more compassionate
- Spend more time outdoors. Especially in our backyard
- Learn more about blogging and photography
- When life throws curve balls learn to bounce back a little easier
- Breathe new life into my Family Room and Kitchen on a very tight budget
- More dates with my husband
- Organize, Organize and more Organizing
- To have more “mini-Martha moments”
- Keep up with bookwork, paperwork and Ky’s homework
- Embrace the different stages in life my children are at
There you have it my 12 Goals for 2012
What are yours? Do you like to write them out or just fly by the seat of your pants and hope for the best?