I have taken a couple of weeks off of blogging because my life has been
CRAZY a little busy. I have wanted to sit down at one point almost every day but time would disappear. Do you know what I am talking about? Even at almost 20 (sis is a birthday girl on Friday the big 2-0) 18 and 13 the kids still keep me hopping.
Speaking of hopping it is almost Easter. I have had some spring decor up for a while and have slowly been adding to it. So even though outside is gray and rainy I have a little sunshine in my house.
Spring on the buffet
Trader Joe’s had these perky Daffodils for $1.29 for a bunch of 10, you can’t say no to adding a little color to your house or work at that price. This bunny, my Mom gave to me and I absolutely LOVE it. I love the color, the texture and the sweet little bunny face.
Even Mr. Old Window got into the act with a Moss letter D, a craft I made last year inspired by the Pottery Barn initials here. I added some egg ornaments, Chenille chicks and a “Spring” banner I made with paper and embellishments from My Minds Eye.
Mr. Old Window dressed for Spring
My vignette on the wine refrigerator made with an silver chalkboard tray, some dollar bin Target Easter eggs, grass and chevron paper basket. The Egg topiary I had from last year.
So wherever Spring has found you I hope you are enjoying all of the beautiful colors, even if it has to be inside for now!
I feel I have many blessing in life. I have always felt like a “cups half full” kinda gal. I have a great family, friends and clients. We own a house, the cutest dog in the whole wide world and many other material/non-material things that make our life full. But don’t get me wrong I also have “there will be days like this my mama said” days. I had one yesterday in fact. The trails of not working, missing all my clients and not physically being able to do things can really get me down but then throw in a really painful and hard session of physical therapy and it kinda put me over the edge. I felt like I was going backwards instead of forwards. So after resting a little I decided to lift my spirits I would start gathering props to take to my moms for the Thanksgiving Table. I am so excited to plan and decorate the table with my daughter this year. We have been going “Pintrest” crazy. If you don’t know what pintrest is you HAVE to check it out. you can pin up with me by following Amy Davis.
After lots of plotting and scheming we have come up with a theme of silver, bronze, gold and copper. You know me, I am a bling addict!
I also purchase small frames at the dollar Store in Vacaville, painted them copper and am going to use them as name tags either on the table or tied with a ribbon on the back of each chair.
I am heading off to my mom and dads again in the morning. My parents are picking up Kaylee at the airport at 9:00 so I will rush right there after PT so I can give her a great big hug and enjoy the rest of my family (aka blessings) for the Holiday. I will post pictures of the table when it’s all put together. I hope you are enjoying all of your “Blessings” this week!
This is my first post on my first blog.
Why start a blog…….
1. I love or should i say LURVE reading me lots and lots of blogs on everything from DIY, crafts, decorating, recipes, inspiration and coupon clipping.
2. Being loved and encouraged by my daughter (this is where the mama comes from in my name) to co-workers and friends who see all my DIY projects and encourage me to start a blog.
3. I have been off work unexpectedly from shoulder surgery that is taking a looooong time to heal and is keeping me away from all of my clients that I LOVE and miss. This can be my way of communicating with the outside world.
4. Here is where the selfish part comes, since I am a self-employed hairstylist I am not making any money while I am off work so I have been trying to be on a no spend diet. This is very hard for me but very necessary so I thought if I put it out there to anyone who reads this blog I will be more accountable or maybe help someone struggling too. I have had successes and falls this month trying this. I have learned a LOT about the coupon world. I can’t say I will be featured on the show “extreme couponers” anytime soon I have a few exciting and successful shopping trips.
5. I am sure as my blog grows there will be more reasons for starting this blog I will let you know as I stumble upon them.
A little about me if you don’t know me……. I am proud to be a mom to 3 amazing kids, 1 daughter and 2 sons. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 21 years. We live in the beautiful Napa Valley. My husband and I are very lucky to be raised here and to be able to raise our kids here. I LOVE my job as a hairstylist. I feel so blessed to have the clientele that I do, they are great and have been so supportive of me. My daughter is in her 2cd year of college in So Cal and I am so proud of her but miss her like crazy! My oldest son is a senior, he is a great artist and athlete. (I am not looking forward to him leaving in August for college) My youngest son, my baby just turned 13. He is a chip off of his fathers block. Well living in The Napa Valley can get very expensive especially with 3 kids so I am trying to learn ways to be thrifty, and still make my house and surroundings beautiful. I love to make craft projects and re-purposing furniture.